Thursday, April 08, 2004

Birth Day
















Cade's birth day was a breeze.... I went in for a scheduled induction at 39 weeks, already dilated to a 3. We got to the hospital by 7:00 and got the party started around 8:00...my doctor came in and was getting ready to break my water, when I had this sudden fear of possibly feeling some pain, since I hadn't had my epidural. I decided I didn't want to take any chances of feeling contractions (hey, nobody's trying to win a medal...I had NO interest in pain), so we decided to wait until I had all the good drugs. The doctor came back to break my water at noon and Cade Man arrived at 3:19 p.m. with only a few 'tries'. It was great! Actually, it was pretty weird because everything was so quiet and calm...just the doctor, the nurse, and Matt (oh, and HGTV on in the background). I felt like such an idiot because everyone was just smiling and staring at me. Luckily, it didn't take long and we had a baby. He weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 inches long with strawberry blonde hair. He looked just like Matt, according to his family. He's a keeper!! Nana, Papa, BB, Uncle Will, Gracie, Nolan, Grandma, and Grandad were all there. Grandad was late getting to the airport to pick up Uncle Sam, Aunt Sarah, and Uncle T.C. because he wanted to wait until Cade arrived. It was wonderful to have all of our family here!

0 comments: