Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pitiful


This has been a terrible day...for starters, I took Makynli to the doctor this morning because she can hardly breath...she was so congested. Her breath rate was 80/minute ( a baby her age usually takes 20-30 breaths per minute). So we had a couple breathing treatments the pediatrician's office without much impact, so our doctor wanted us to have all kinds of blood work done. Well, of course, we had to take her to Children's Hospital so the people with much more experience drawing blood from infants could give it a try. My mom, thankfully, took Makynli in for the first try...no luck. They couldn't find a vein. Makynli was screaming and so was Nana. Nurse #2 came in to give it a try...no luck - more screaming and Nana crying. I decided to be a big girl and take over for try #3. Well, again, no blood...Makynli, Nana, and myself were in tears and we called it quits. I could not bear to watch her fight and scream any more so we decided that she was not sick enough to mess with this. In the meantime, our very precious friend, Macie Mangus was next door in the Emergency Room...she choked on a piece of carpet at Mrs. Jane's house and was sent by ambulance to the hospital. Luckily she was fine and back to her sweet, smiley self. So, the babies left the hospital not knowing any difference and the mom's left emotionally drained. I'm glad this day is over. I had to post a picture of Makynli with all of her bandaids...it was pitiful!

0 comments: