Friday, June 19, 2009

not too sure...

You know, by the time you get to the third child, some things just are not NEARLY as exciting as they used to be. One of those things for me, is babyfood. Literally, the day Cade turned 4 months old, I gave him his first bites of cereal. I was so excited to buy all of the babyfood and the cute little spoons and matching bowls. Now, I don't even understand WHY babyfood is even necessary. I mean, I get that they need to practice oral motor movement, blah, blah, blah. How that translates to me now is "just-one-more-thing-I-have-to-squeeze-into-the-day-when-the-bottle-seems-perfectly-fine". Wow...things really do change... My 0nly goal for Caleb was to have at least TRIED babyfood before his 6 month check-up - which happens to be on Monday. Mission accomplished;-)

What is this nastiness you are trying to shove into my mouth??

a little gagging...

Why are you laughing?

How many times to I have to eat this junk?! I guess sweet potatoes are a "no"!

5 comments:

The Mangus Family said...

baby food is sooo nasty... but caleb looks cute wearing it!

The Rhoads said...

oh sweet baby! I don't blame you! YUCK!!! But you sure do look BIG!!!!

Luft Family said...

I hate baby food too...I think this next kid is going to go from bottles to burritos. They are soft, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Staci,
that Caleb is just darling even covered in yucky sweet potatoes. Don't make him eat 'em; he doesn't LIKE 'em!
love, Brenda

Nana (Deb Stevenson) said...

He has developed into a much better eater since these pictures were taken and LOVES it when his Nana feeds him! But I do remember when he was a tiny baby, which wasn't that long ago! Stop growing so much my little man!